On Wed, 17 Jul 2024, postfix--- via mailop wrote:

On 2024-07-16 14:36, Bjoern Franke via mailop wrote:
Which iPhone / Android clients do you mean?

last time I tested Apple Mail, my IMAP server logged requests from Apple's network.

On Android, I do not use Gmail. I use a client that pulls regularly the IMAP. The trade-off is battery duration: the client wakes up the phone every time it checks for email, even if there are no new emails to pull.

IMAP IDLE exists to save the client from polling, by pushing
a notification when a new message becomes available.

Does that play nicely on phones ?

--
Andrew C. Aitchison                      Kendal, UK
                   and...@aitchison.me.uk