On Thu, Oct 3, 2024 at 11:53 AM, Marv Gandall wrote:

> This would seem to be a powerful democratic demand capable of mobilizing
> the Democratic base and even many Republicans, a near-majority of whom
> also favour doing away with the present constitutional arrangement. Have
> the Greens or any far left groups attempted to rally this mass
> constituency by placing this demand at the forefront of their electoral
> interventions?
>
> ( #quoted-243726588 ) toggle quoted mes ( #quoted-243726588 ) zI (
> #quoted-243726588 )

I've brought this issue up  several times previously, challenging those who
advocate voting for Dems, or working in that party,, for "defense of democratic
rights" to raise this as a programmatic necessity for the "defense of
democratic rights"  along with abolition of the Senate-- in this way adding
some concrete items to the hollow slogan of defense of democratic rights.

With no response from our work-vote Dem advocates.  This makes it clear, at
least to me, how meaningless the propaganda of advocacy of  voting/working
Democrat is.  Its advocates don't have any comprehension of what democratic
rights are.

> ( #window-243726588 )

View/Reply Online (#32695): https://groups.io/g/marxmail/message/32695
-=-=-
POSTING RULES & NOTES
#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.
#4 Do not exceed five posts a day.
-=-=-
Group Owner: marxmail+ow...@groups.io