Abolishing the electoral college is a great idea! So are a lot of other changes
to the constitution. Two Senators per state is extremely undemocratic, and it
is the basis for the undemocratic EC. Oh, and the Supreme Court should be
abolished, too.

The best traditions of Marxism are democratic as are Marx and Engels theories.
We should be for every reform that advances the democratic rights of the
working class and oppressed. And we should say these things whenever and
wherever we can.

Whether we should we spend our time agitating and campaigning to abolish the
Electoral College or any other particularly undemocratic institution within the
political regime of the United States depends upon the political moment.

As others have pointed out, amending the US constitution is extremely
difficult, and convening a Constitutional Convention is even more difficult. It
might really be easier, faster and more straightforward to just go straight to
an insurrection. However, agitating for democratic changes through these
measures will almost certainly be part of the preparation of any democratic and
social revolution in the United States.

This list has members of any number of organized political groups and
tendencies, and I would recommend that they all publicly support abolition of
the Electoral College in their online (and paper!) publications. If and when
those demands resonate with a lot of people, then we can consider agitating for
them.

View/Reply Online (#32726): https://groups.io/g/marxmail/message/32726
-=-=-
POSTING RULES & NOTES
#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.
#4 Do not exceed five posts a day.
-=-=-
Group Owner: marxmail+ow...@groups.io