Jane Dowe had written,

D> I have a Kenwood DMC-K7R.  My manual is in Japanese, so I'm trying to
D> figure out if I can do this...

D> Oh... this must be it.  EDIT/AUTO MARK: Name Stamp, Read OK?, Reading,
D> Change MD, Insert MD, TOC Read, Write OK?, Writing!, Complete.  I can't
D> read the Japanese commentary but this looks like what you're talking about.

Kade Hansson replied,

H> Just beware: TOC cloning would not be described in a user manual. I suspect
H> this is a description of something else. I suspect this is for track
H> copying or something, which would partially erase some of the data you are
H> trying to recover.

That feature Jane found in her manual is Name Stamp, which copies the titles
from one disc to another if they have the same number of tracks.  It doesn't
duplicate any other TOC information besides the titles and aborts if the
number of tracks is not the same.  It wouldn't help her recover an uninten-
tionally deleted track.  It's useful if you've copied one disc to another
_in_toto_ and now want to duplicate the disc name and track titles.

Another poster suggested pulling the batteries out to prevent a TOC update
that would finalize the deletion, but I'm sure the TOC on that disc has
already been updated without the lost track.  The only fix for her problem
that I know of would be cloning.