>| I have a Kenwood DMC-K7R.  My manual is in Japanese, so I'm trying to
>| figure out if I can do this...
>
>| Oh... this must be it.  EDIT/AUTO MARK: Name Stamp, Read OK?, Reading,
>| Change MD, Insert MD, TOC Read, Write OK?, Writing!, Complete.  I can't
>| read the Japanese commentary but this looks like what you're talking about.
>
>Actually, Jane, Name Stamp is probably the same thing there as it is on Sharp
>portables.  If you have two discs with the same number of tracks, it copies
>the titles (but not the rest of the TOC data) from one to the other.  It's

yeah... it didn't work.

>The only machines I know of that can clone TOCs are certain Sony decks, and
>it never, never is in the manuals, not even in the service manuals.  Somebody
>first discovered it by chance, I think.
>
>Do you know anyone with a Sony MDS-JE520 or JB920, for example?  Or do you
>ever pass through Chicago (if so, I could do it for you here).

I'm in Tokyo.  Does anyone on this list live around Tokyo?

In the event that I eventually find someone with a machine that will do
this what is the step by step process?  I suppose I could even try going to
a store to see if they'd let me do it on one of their machines.  But I'd
need to know exactly what I'm doing so it doesn't take more than a minute.

Jane

http://www.detritus.net/jane