No it shouldn't hurt a deck to do that.  On a portable, you might run
the battery flat, and that wouldn't be good for it, but it shouldn't
hurt a deck.  Except the MD is only 74 to 80 minutes long for stereo
recording.  That will give  you a bit of trouble because you will have
to change minidiscs on the fly.

DJ DeeKay wrote:

> Does it hurt my device if I record 9hours
> without a break? Because there is a big DJ Event on a German
> Radio station and I don't want to stay up till 5o'clock in the morning
> for listening to it (I'll set my alarm clock for every 74mins:>)
> I've the famous Sony MDS-JE510 (Japanese Version :>)
>
> Greetz, DeeKay/MAtthias
>
> Matthias, Official WebMaster of DJs At Work
>
> /-------------------------------------------\
> |>pager:skyper:[EMAIL PROTECTED] (words in "Subject", not in body)
> |>contact: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> |>homepage: actually: http://beam.to/djsatwork
> |>ICQ: 31981571

Jim Coon