A user-settable track marking threshold would be massively cool.

I find it interesting that you call the high end audio fringe the "far
right."  (you mentioned this on another recent post).   From where, or
by what line of reasoning, do you derive this characterization?   ; )

I LOVE having my old albums on MD.  I record at 0 db and do my
tracking manually, too.  Once an LP is on MD, being able to flip from
track to track, or listening to a track once or twice more in a row,
or deleting a track that always used to make me cringe, or listening
in the car, or listening on a portable is just wonderful.  Also, I can
BLAST it without worrying about feedback from the tone-arm to the
speakers.

Enjoy.

Regards to the list,  Steve Higgs