"David W. Tamkin" wrote:

> When Rick Woudenberg said about setting the volume threshold for Level-Sync,
>
> W> Right. Sony has this on their modern ES decks, but not on anything
> W> else, AFAIK.
>
> Martin Lazak responded,
>
> L> My JB920 also has this. You can set the threshold in steps of 2dB between
> L> -72bB and 0dB (I have no idea why anyone would need a threshold of 0dB).
>
> The JE520 has it as well, defaulting from the factory at -50 dB.  As to set-
> ting it to 0 dB, that's equivalent to turning Level-Sync off, isn't it, and
> there's another Setup Menu choice for turning it on and off, so I'd have to
> agree that there isn't any reason to set the threshold to 0 dB.

It's not entirely the same as setting level sync off - remember that the unit
will start recording when a signal hits 0dB. I agree it's pointless though....
to me anyway...

--
Magic

Location : Portsmouth, England, UK
Homepage : http://www.mattnet.freeserve.co.uk
EMail : mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"Creativity is more a birthright than an acquisition, and the power of sound is
wisdom and understanding applied to the power of vibration."