When Rick Woudenberg said about setting the volume threshold for Level-Sync,

W> Right. Sony has this on their modern ES decks, but not on anything
W> else, AFAIK.

Martin Lazak responded,

L> My JB920 also has this. You can set the threshold in steps of 2dB between
L> -72bB and 0dB (I have no idea why anyone would need a threshold of 0dB).

The JE520 has it as well, defaulting from the factory at -50 dB.  As to set-
ting it to 0 dB, that's equivalent to turning Level-Sync off, isn't it, and
there's another Setup Menu choice for turning it on and off, so I'd have to
agree that there isn't any reason to set the threshold to 0 dB.