On Sun, 23 Jan 2000, Tony Antoniou wrote:

> Nor does MP3's inferior quality compared to ATRAC. And let's face it, in
> terms of real-time recording when out on the field, live recordings or
> whatnot, DAT and MD are still the premier choice over an MP3 player. This is
> simply because you'll never find a real-time MP3 portable recorder. Only
> players exist, and will continue to exist without any regard for real-time
> recordings.

Actually, I can't remember which brand it was, but I was looking at some
leaflet's at a mates work and they had MP3 based dictaphone's and
recording units (and answer machines) avail.  I htink it was MPMan, can't
really remember.

I was wondering, MP3's biggest advantage s that you can freely copy the
songs from one medium to another, are there any ATRAC encoders for PC's
that say output a songname.atrac file that we could make a player for?

Mark