Mike Burger wrote:

> I wish...the local Best Buy, here...I'm lucky they even have MD players
> and recorders...if only I could have gotten an optical cable for $10,
> there.  Analog cables aren't real expensive...even Radio Shack had them
> for only a few dollars.

I bought that same Recotron 6 ft long cable from Best Buys in
Knoxville, TN a couple of months ago.  Price had creeped up to $14.
Monster Cable had one on the next peg that was about a half inch
thick and was priced at $80.  Yeah, right.  Can you imagine impaling
a little MD player with that huge thing?  Be like an elephant
screwing a mouse!  It would probably have enough springiness to
sling my little R90 right off the table top.

John

> On Sat, 3 Jun 2000, J. Coon wrote:
>

> > I got my optical cable from Best Buy for about $10.  It is a Recotron.
> > They had Sony cables for about $40, if I recall correctly.  You can get
> > an analog cable a lot cheaper than that at several places.

John De Armond
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://personal.bellsouth.net/~johngd/
Neon John's Custom Neon