Ed Heckman wrote:

> At 9/16/00 7:22 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] increased the world's knowledge by
> typing:
>
> >Overall, I am very pleased with the R-900.  I got a blue one.

You can say what you want about your recorder.  Sony SUCKS!!!!  I have never
owned a reliable Sony product (one exception)!!!  Every damn piece of sh!t
that I over paid for the Sony "name" died before its time!!!  EVERY one
(again one exception)!!!

I own a top of the line portable Sony CD player with a digital output.  I
doubt that this player has 50 hours on it.  Yesterday I wen to use it and the
remote would not illuminate.  Then you couldn't read the display at all.
Thenthe remote it just stopped working period!!!

Sony has the poorest  quality control and reliability of any piece of
electronics I have ever owned (with their only exception being their
Trinitron technology.  For some reason, their computer monitors seem
reliable).

In Consumer Reports Sony consistently ranks near the top in reader polls when
it comes to consumer dissatisfaction with regard to reliability.  I'm not
going to waste everyone's time going over the dozen or so Sony "nightmares"
that I have experienced because I have more exciting news to post in a
separate e mail.

They are almost the always first to come out with all kinds of new and
exciting features and the first to have those features break!  I'm
considering (what a schmuck I am.  I always swear I'll never buy another Sony
product.  Then they come along with something totally unique and I cave in,
only to find weeks or months later that it is not working).  Buying their new
12 unit large touch screen illuminated remote control.

If I'm stupid enough to buy one (they cost about $170.00-that's a lot of
money for a remote, but if it eliminates 6 remotes sitting on a coffee table
with one very easy to use unit, it may be worth it) I bet you read about it
failing a few months later.

Larry