"Shawn R. Lin" wrote:

> Heheh, I have to agree with you.  That's why everything I own is a Sony.
> Sounds confusing?  I'm extremely frugal, so I buy broken stuff and fix
> it.  All my televisions, several car stereos, several MD
> players/recorders, CD players, and my VCR's... all were broken Sony's
> that people unloaded for cheap or free.  Sadly, I wish I could say the
> Sony items that I purchased BRAND NEW were immune to problems, but this
> is not the case.  My Mobile ES Sony CD changer will need to be sent in
> for service a SECOND time.  I'd fix it myself, but it's still under
> warranty.  I think my Sony Spressa CD-RW drive is having trouble too.
> It corrupted a CD-RW, and it won't read many CD-RW's that it made a long
> time ago.  Guess I shoulda got a Plextor.

My friend the computer consultant and field engineer just build himself 2 "super"
systems.  He put Plextor 12x CD writers in each.  They are amazing!  Plextor has a
technology that prevents you from getting all of those failed CDRs.  It goes back
and will do what ever it takes to see that your CDR is finished without any "buffer
under run errors" etc.  And man is it fast!!

It can copy a music CD in about 6 minutes!!

> If you say so!!!  I've come across several broken Sony Trinitron
> computer monitors too.  All my TV's are Trinitron, and every single one
> of them have needed a flyback transformer.  Two of them needed the
> transformer when I bought them, one of them had an unrelated problem
> when it was given to me, and blew its transformer later on.
>
> You're right I'm sure.  I have not had much experience with them.  I have only
> owned on Sony Monitor (I'm using it right now) and amazingly it is the only thing
> from Sony I own that has lasted over 3 years.
>
> That's the one with the LCD touch screen right?
>
> Want to sell it cheap?  Heheh, just kidding. ;)

I found it on the internet for $125.  But that still seems like a lot of money for
a remote (and one that might only last a week)