> You are used to Sony equipment,

I am not!  This is the only piece of Sony equipment which I own ... which I
have EVER owned!

[...snipped stuff about crappy Sony amp electronics and signalling
processing which is totally irrelevant...]
> Sharp players with a good set of not Sony headphones, and especially with
> an AirHead amp, do not sound like shit, no matter what you or anyone else
> has read.

... which is completely irrelevant because I wasn't talking about playback
quality, I was talking about recording quality, which is why I brought up
the whole thing about playing discs recorded on both units - the one
RECORDED on the Sharp would sound worse on BOTH players.  And the 'you or
anyone else has read' is also irrelevant - it's not like I was quoting from
a random posting on some message board, I was recounting personal
experience.

Anyway, doesn't matter.  Forget it.  I'm happy.  (now)

dave