* "Dave Hooper" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  on Fri, 10 Nov 2000
| Yes, that is precisely what I am saying.  I thought it was pretty obvious
| what I was comparing:
| 1)  The original CD

Played on what?  Sony equipment?

| 2)  MD recorded on my Sharp 831
| - obvious because I was commenting on CLEARLY audible artifacts in the MD
| audio that weren't in the original.

Feh.  The only time I've heard "CLEARLY audible" aritifacts on a Sharp MD
recorder was when I had a defective CD to begin with, and in that case both
Sharp *AND* Sony recorders exhibited those artifacts.  This is on both a
702 and 722, w/ Koss headphones and an AirHead amp.  Similar goes for the
half-dozen other Sharp owners I know.  You are blowing smoke out your
derrier, Mr. Hooper.
--
Rat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>    \ Caution: Happy Fun Ball may suddenly
Minion of Nathan - Nathan says Hi! \ accelerate to dangerous speeds.