* "Francisco J. Huerta" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  on Sun, 04 Feb 2001
| A long time ago, I read that if  and when ATRAC was upgraded, the benefits
| would be heard on the old units,

What that means is... here's an example.  Say you have Devo's Greatest
Misses on CD, and you make a digital copy to MD using your MZ-1.  And you
make another copy using your MZ-R90.  If you play back both MDs on the
MZ-1, the disc recorded on the R90 will sound better.

[...]
| Also, I had a strange problem on my MZ-1. I recorded audio off a DVD with
| 96/24 resolution (truncated to 48khz), and although it plays perfectly on
| the R90, it skips on the MZ-1. All the other discs work fine on both
| machines. That was funny.

Weird, because as far as I know you should not have been able to make that
recording in the first place.  AC3 tracks are usually marked SCMS final.
--
Rat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>    \ Do not use Happy Fun Ball on concrete.
Minion of Nathan - Nathan says Hi! \