Rich Thomas wrote:
> What is a "fair" tax for all to pay -- % of income and total amount?
> Real hard numbers, not some vague generalities please.

I read of an opinion poll a couple of decades ago, asking what a fair total tax
burden for somebody making X income would be, and the answers tended to be
around X/4, without as much variance as you'd expect from changing X. This was
total, income tax, property tax, etc all included. It wasn't multiple choice,
the subject's response was totally his own. I wish I could remember who did
that
poll.

Mitch.