OK Don wrote:
> (We JUST got the intake manifold back on - it almost hurts my son to
> think about taking it off again.)

If you make the right tool it is a walk in the park.  On my 2.5T I
couldn't remove the manifold at all without it.  When I replaced the
delivery valves a month or so ago, I took the manifold off, replaced the
delivery valve seals (no more leaks!!) and put the manifold back on in
~5 hours.  Took me three days to get the manifold off of the '87 300TD
without the tool.  Haven't had the chance to work on that car lately though.

If you want pics of the tool I made let me know, and I'll post them to
the list.

John