> If you're referring to the lower manifold to head bolts, I solved that
> one years ago on the SDL - use a 1/4" socket set

That was the secret to getting the carbs out of my Merc 850.
That little socket and skinny shaft just slipped right in there.
I outfitted the boat toolkit with 1/4" sockets in all the sizes
it uses, and a Craftsman ratchet and a few lengths of extension
so that I'd always have the right-fitting tool.  Nothing like
working over water with zero depth to your tool and engine parts
collection.  (I also put a fishing magnet in the kit.)

My 1/4" socket tool collection is thin, I need to beef it up.

-- Jim