Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2011 09:01:45 -0500
From: Dieselhead <126die...@gmail.com>
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] OT: Computer reliability

Refurb Macbook air start at $750
Refurb Macbooks  start at $850
Refurb Macbook pros start at $899

http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/specialdeals/mac?mco=OTY2ODY3Nw

Macbook air new starts at $999
Macbook pro new starts at $1199
  Mac mini new starts at $599
imac new starts at $1199

apple.com/store

I bought a macbook pro in Feb and it has thunderbolt.  I expect it to
last a long time.

One thing when comparing Mac machines to "PC" machines is to factor
in the useful life.  Macs are the 123 300D/300TD of the computer
world.  Usefull service life is ~ five years as opposed to ~3 years
for the "PC."

a 5 year old powerbook still brings around $500 used.