I took apart a Dell Latitude E-class the other day.  One screw =
access to fan, HDD, memory, wireless cards, external plug assembly,
etc.  I am sold, long-term maintainability is my main concern on
laptops since I tend to keep them forever and abuse them a bit. :)

Dell has consistency problems, seems like a lot of component failures
in the first few months (probably only 1% but I hear about a lot of
them).  That said, once a laptop is working well it seems to work well
for a long time, and the vast majority of our Dells are retired for
performance rather than failure reasons.

Unfortunately I don't know how their end-user support is, all of my
personal Dells - including the refurbs - have worked fine through the
warranty period.

Best,
-Tim
who kept a Thinkpad A20m for five years just to avoid getting issued an HP :)