Tim C wrote:
I took apart a Dell Latitude E-class the other day.  One screw =
access to fan, HDD, memory, wireless cards, external plug assembly,
etc.  I am sold, long-term maintainability is my main concern on
laptops since I tend to keep them forever and abuse them a bit. :)

The new high line consumer HPs (dv6, dv7) have a tool free access hatch.
Memory, hard drive, network card, etc are under the hatch. Shove the battery latch one way to remove the battery, then shove it the other way to pop the edge of the hatch loose. Takes me less than ten minutes to install a 2nd hard drive in a dv7, including moving the factory drive to the secondary drive bay.