Who wanted to know the serial number - Dan?

With a magnifying glass I was able to read it:  W87411ZHYAL

Am I covered under the recall?

Incidentally, the PRAM test was a complete disaster! I held down the P, R
 Option + Command keys for several minutes, yet the computer was utterly
unresponsive - didn't turn off/restart.