The problem here is dealers do not use KBB in this region anyway, they used NADA or Blackbook. KBB almost always comes up with a low price.

On 8/16/2012 10:21 AM, Donald Snook wrote:
Just be sure that I was still accurate, I checked Carmax just now.  I looked
for a Black Nissan Altima with leather seats.  It has 23,000 miles.  The price
-- $18,599 in Oklahoma City.  The Kelly Blue Book Value for Excellent Condition
RETAIL price is $17258.  This WAS THE FIRST CAR I LOOKED UP.   Why should I pay
$18,599 with no negotiation when the Bluebook price is $1300 too much.  I know
that KBB is only a guide.  But, I think the no haggle price is B.S. when its
higher than the book.

I checked another one.  One of my partners has an Acura TL that he really
likes.  So, I pulled up a 2011 Acura TL with 23,000 miles in Tulsa.  This one
isn't as bad, but Carmax is still more than $1000 higher than the book.

Donald H. Snook

-----
No virus found in this message.