Doesn't doing several changes defeat the purpose of going to synthetic, namely extended fluid change. BTW, when I first got my vehicle I stocked up on both Amzoil for the engine as well as this transmission fluid which I am now talking about using. This isn't cheap stuff but on the other hand it's cheaper than transmission repair down the road.