Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2013 12:40:18 -0400
From: Dan Penoff <d...@penoff.com>
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] OT - Rant question of the day

My wife is in a somewhat similar position, in that she has hit the wall as far
as professional "progress" as she changed jobs due to moves because any
position she qualifies for requires a degree. She has been working online with
a college we both attended in Wisconsin and should finish up this year, thank
goodness.

That being said, she started out as a COBOL programmer in 1979, worked through
positions such as Manager of Financial Systems at Harley-Davidson, and is one
of only 1800 or so Certified Professional Business Analysts in North America,
yet she is considered "unqualified" by most employers solely on the reason that
she does not have a college degree.

To put it simply, that blows.

Dan