Gerry wrote:
> If you look at Americas position among the nations
> of the world, I don't think you can say the U.S. is unsuccessful.

If we want to be seriously realistic, I think we should be saying this
to each other.  Yes, the U.S. is unsuccessful.  Really.  Once we can
own up to this reality, we can chart a path to proper and effective
solutions.  Until then, the slide to total depravity that we are
suffering these days will continue until failure is exceptional, as
all national failures are exceptional.  Shall we join Greece and Rome
in the list of exceptional failures of the eons?  Let's be man enough
to get our heads out of the sand and own up our unsuccessfulness so
that we can get on with success.  Please.
mao