-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Marshall Booth
Sent: Tuesday, January 17, 2006 11:14 AM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] CR report on headlight bulbs

John Berryman wrote:
> On Monday, Jan 16, 2006, at 20:53 US/Eastern, Christopher McCann wrote:
>
>> Nothing big, I was going to sucker up the money and try a set of
>> Sylvania
>> Silverstars,
>
>       I am running them in my 190D Euro and I have no complaints with the
> light they shed. 60/55s its been only a week and a few days, so I can't
> comment on longevity. If you need to see don't wait for all the reports
> to come in, buy some bulbs. Even "standard" Sylvania H-4s work great.
> Anything is better than the DOT lights that were forced on us back in
> the day.

I'm running Silver Stars on several of my cars. Very minor improvement
in illumination (I ran each car with one new Silver Star and one NEW
conventional light to compare). The slightly "whiter" color is an
improvement and they are marginally brighter, but not worth more than
double the price for the lamps. They've been in for several years now
but I hear they are short lived. I will NOT pay a premium again if they
don't last at least nearly as long as the conventional halogens.

Marshall
'87 300TD 182Kmi, '84 190D 2.2 229Kmi, '85 190D 2.0 161Kmi, '87 190D 2.5
turbo 237kmi