Marshall,

Are you running the Sylvania SilverStars that are commonly available
in the USA, or the "good" Osram SilverStars ones that you have to buy
from Dan Stern or PowerBulbs.com? The Osrams are +50%, the Sylvania
are +30%, and are NOT the same bulb despite the same name (terrible
marketing, aaaargh!). The Osrams should be brighter, but would have an
even shorter life.

The 130/100 bulbs I had in my white car (with relays) lasted about 4-6
months, since I drive with low beams on all the time as DRL's. But WOW
did they ever light up the road... 460w total on high beam (with 500E
Euro lights). I think the total current draw was something like 25-30A
on high beam, lol... good thing I had the 150A alternator. I've got
the same setup on my blue diesel and E500 now... relays, big bulbs,
and big alternator.

:-)

+dm