I've been a Fisher and Paykel fan for about 15 years since I discovered the Ecosmart clothes washer.

I was going to buy my Mom a Speed Queen front loader, but then she said she wanted a top loader.

A few years later I got her a top loading dryer (this is great, you just pull stuff out of the top of

the washer and drop it in the top of the dryer, I now have the same setup myself).

Back to the subject matter: Ever since that first washer, I've been buying all my FP stuff used.

Got a stainless double dishdrawer for $100 used after an F1 Error (water getting out of the tub

and into the electronics, usually a lid motor or lid seal issue). Then I found a really ugly one

with no sheet metal on the front on CL for $20. After I bought it, I found out it's a special model

for cabinetmakers, you're supposed to put your own wood on it to match the cabinets. So now

the $100 one is for spare parts (the guy who sold me the $20 one said that only one drawer
was safe to use) and the $20 one will go into the kitchen when I build new Cherry fronts for

the cabinets.

Mitch.