Holy poop!!!

Mind blown...

The motor is a Cali... I did do the egr and can delete already but lots of
air cleaner difference.

I am guessing that a donor 85 wagon is in my future. Hahaha!

Kyle

On Feb 8, 2017 6:43 PM, "Meade Dillon via Mercedes" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
wrote:

Kyle, the SD is the "S-Class" and as you've learned there are a lot of
differences.

Your '85 version TD is unique in several ways, let's see how many I can get
right.

(1) the head for the SLS pump, any other 123 wagon engine will work.

(2) Tail lights, rear bumper lights

(3) Tailgate hardware and wiper motor with fluid reservoir

(4) Third row rear seat stuff including belts

(6) SLS rear suspension _may_ share some parts with 126 500SEL cars with
SLS, like the control valve, struts.

(7) '85 123 cars have a different injection pump with the IP timing port

(8) '85 123 cars have KLIMA relay with the AC compressor belt saving
function (does that make the AC compressor different as well, for the speed
sensor?)

(9) '85 123 cars have a different transmission from earlier 123 cars

(10) '85 123 cars have a different differential from earlier 123 cars

(11) Yours is an '85 California version?  Different air cleaner?  Other
differences for emmisions?

(12) wagons have different muffler system

(13) wagons have different fuel tank, fuel level sender

In other words, if you ever run across a wagon for parts, you'll want to
collect the parts mentioned above "just in case".

Are the 123 wagon rear doors different from sedans?