I guess I am just not used to thinking of a drive train lasting an
additional 600,000 miles in addition to the already almost 300k on it now!
Hahaha! That would be amazing to be sure! I know there are OTR truckers
that get 1 million miles on their rigs, and I am guessing their diesels are
similar engineering wise as far as robustness goes...

Just a paradigm shift in thinking for me as I am part of the throwaway
generation and have been taught to replace my car every 80k miles, or 10
years at most!

Kyle

On Feb 9, 2017 12:10 PM, "Rick Knoble via Mercedes" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
wrote:

Kyle sez:

>True, I am counting on the last and last part. I also want to be prepared
>so that in another 100k miles I have the engine/transmission to replace and
>get another 500k miles out of the wagon.

If you do proper maintenance and repairs, the wagon
should last your lifetime. The period for catastrophic failures
from manufacturing defects is long over.

You just have to stay on top of things and use premium parts
for maintenance and repairs. Rust is not an issue for
you, so no problem there.

Rick