The new benz is made for lease, not purchase.  Maybe there is enough quality
left for it to CPO, so the two or three year old S class has a few years left
before it gets too expensive to fix.  As a lease, the multiple flaws will be
covered by warrantee work.    A decade in, the cars turn to crap.

I am beginning to see w211 and other contemporary models at PnP.

clay

1974 450sl -  Frosch - Two tone green
1986 SDL - Polei
1982 300 SD - Allen

retired models-
2002 s430 - Victor, a Stately & well tailored crap
1976 300D - Blei Vanst - it looks silvery
POS 1987 SDL - Beware Nigerian Scammers