Thanks Peter. Yes I am aware of the hard spot theory. It may even be true.
But when I put the new wheels on we had the car in the air and the rotor is
warped so badly on the left front that it binds on every revolution. So
anyone who says rotors don't warp and that the vibration is all from
cementite or whatever hard spots, doesn't really know what they are on
about. Or they never drove an older car.

I think the solid rotors warp far more than the vented ones. I imagine this
is just a stiffness thing related to thickness, but also to heat
dissipation and even the diameter. The rotor is too thin and the diameter
is too small for the car, basically. In pedestrian use it is fine, but when
you fail to notice the yellow until too late and go hard on the binders,
then end up in the crosswalk, there is no creeping forward, no creeping
backward. You can put the car in neutral or park and let off the brakes,
but the rotors are done after one rapid stop. Kind of silly. We are talking
a single aggressive stop from maybe 40 or 45 to zero, one time.