Rotors are machined to have a slight wobble.  This is to push the pads back so they don't drag all the time when the hydraulic pressure is released.  There is no other method of retracting the pads on disk brakes.  Drum brakes have springs.  Disk brakes don't.

The worst brake rotors that I've ever experienced, as far as "warping" or hard spots is on the "modern" dogde.  in 120k it is on the third set of rotors, and it had pretty new rotors when we got it.   At with that, many miles were put on with brakes that shook from "warping" or hard spots.   These are ventilated.

I have NEVER had a problem with rotors "warping" or hard spots on an MB.  I think I have changed out either 3 or 5 in 40+ years and perhaps a million miles in MBs.  2 of those were on the Hawaii Kai 200D whose front rotors were way thinner than the minimum permitted when we got it, and the odd one was from deep scoring due to a stuck rear caliper on the 240D.