The crews are each three people on the 380. So there are six officers
aboard the long haul flights. On Qantas anyway.

There is considerable variation in crew training and staffing levels
between airlines. I am sure other airlines fly similar routes with less
manpower.

Sleeping at the stick is never going to be a good look. Reminds me of the
Payne Stewart crash:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1999_South_Dakota_Learjet_crash