I was able to get the key to do one last turn by flushing the lock with
Tri-Flow and running the jiggly sander on the key for five to ten minutes over
a four day period.  It finally got one last good turn.  At that point you want
to remove the tumbler and make haste to your most trusted locksmith for them to
try to clean and rebuild it.  The original tumblers are NLA.  I tried to order
one for the 1974 R107. Dealer and Classic center were happy to take my money
and then the whole thing got lost in the shuffle.  The EPC shows the tumbler PN
changes five times but does not state that there are no more to be had.  Last
supported tumblers are for the 1985 and newer cars, which are all the wrong
size for our purpose.

clay