The SD had that issue, sort of.  There is the end of the tumbler that fits into
a sliding switch mechanism once you turn the key.  The SD had somehow buggered
that up, so that it would not disengage the steering lock and allow the key to
turn.  I had to get the tumbler out to see if a flat head would allow the thing
to engage and start the car.  Lots of fiddling with it to get steering lock to
disengage and for the screw driver to twist to light off.  I had to get a PnP
part to put the original tumbler in, as there was no issue with the tumbler.

clay