Karl, In your experience, do you think illegal immigration across the
southern border could be a factor, especially in CA?

-----Original Message-----
From: Mercedes On Behalf Of Peter Frederick via Mercedes
Sent: Saturday, December 26, 2020 11:01 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Cc: Peter Frederick <psf...@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] OT Covids vax

Actually, all the new cases are from there being far too many cases around.
Since I'm half way through a case myself with no known exposure, I can
verify it's very contagious.

The more people have it, the more it spreads, just like any contagious
disease.  The death rate is going up because somewhere between one and three
percent of people who contract it eventually die from it.  Several million
new cases since every idiot in the US just HAD to travel for Thanksgiving
means 30000 new deaths in the next month, minumum, and probably far more.
We have now arrived at the point where hospital services are unavailable due
to the number of CoVid cases, so people are going to also start dying from
other preventable causes as well -- excess deaths in the US are up
considerably more than just the number from CoVid already, and it's going to
be much worse in January and February.

My 97 year old mother is currently in hospital, still doing pretty well but
on oxygen, diagnosed three days after I was.  I suspect she got it from her
home health aides rather than me bringing it home since she was complaining
of chills for several days before I started to run a temp.  Gonna be another
couple weeks before we know for sure she's gonna make it.

I got the Lilly mono-clonal antibody treatment.  Mom would have had the
Remdesivir except she has some pre-existing kidney issues so they didn't
prescribe it, haven't heard back if they decided to use the Lilly one (it's
not usually used in hospitalized patients).  Seemed to help me, I have
regained a little sense of taste and smell, although strong odors make my
nose sting like crazy.

I was hoping Mom could be vaccinated shortly, she's up as soon as the
nursing home residents get one which starts this week in Indiana.
Thankfully my sister in law the nurse is already done with round one of the
Pfizer vaccine.

This stuff is not a joke, get the vaccine as soon as you can!

Peter