> You might be better off with a gasser though, or (heaven forbid) even an EV
> for a commute that short.

A hybrid would be ideal. Lexus makes a hybrid as does Toyota (Prius). Mercedes
has had hybrids for several years also. Perhaps Jaime would know the details of
them. Of course the time to prepare for rising fuel prices is BEFORE they go
up. I won't discuss the impetus for the rising prices, that's for another list.
Rest assured they will continue to rise.

I suspect most people are not prepared for what's coming.

Rick