I have been seeing these numbers for exceptional fuel mileage on all
sorts of cars and most of it surprises me.  Now, I would never have
believed that the 90 300D 2.5 I used to have would get 34 mpg, but it
did.  However, I am genuinely surprised to hear about 123's getting such
good mileage.

I have had 3 of them and the best I could ever get on them was 25 mpg on
the highway.  I guess mine were bad examples because the last one had
nearly 500,000 miles on it.  But, I just thought I would always get
about 24 on the highway and I would get about 18-21 in town.   Now that
I am getting 20-21 on the highway, I can really appreciate getting 25
and would love to get 34 again.

Donald H. Snook

1990 300SEL 134K