On Wed, 10 Jan 2007, Donald Snook wrote:

> I have been seeing these numbers for exceptional fuel mileage on all
> sorts of cars and most of it surprises me.  Now, I would never have
> believed that the 90 300D 2.5 I used to have would get 34 mpg, but it
> did.  However, I am genuinely surprised to hear about 123's getting such
> good mileage.

My 300SD got 26-27 regularly. I found the secret to good mileage on that
one seemed to be go faster on the highway. Sadly this does not seem to be
the case with the newer E300Dt's :( :(

I know it isn't much of an issue to turn 27 with the 300D, and on the
atlanta->baltimore run I think it turned between 28 and 29.

-j.
--
1985 300D 223k "Gerta"
1991 Jeep Cherokee 149k "the fishbowl"