Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2007 15:08:51 -0500
From: "Rick Knoble" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Transmission toasted: jackleg mechanics
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>

My 14 y/o son wants to go into a mechanical or electrical trade when he
 graduates high school. I have no problem with that, however I have
 explained to him that when he gets to be 50 plus years old, he may not
 like turning wrenches 40 hours a week any more. I am twisting his arm to
 go to college first. He is very intelligent and will do well whatever
 profession he chooses. He traded a bicycle for a non-running 5hp Honda
 engine. He was thrilled to have it running within an hour of getting it
 home. Instead of him taking stuff apart and ME putting it back together
 correctly, he is getting better about completing tasks like this with
 little input from me.

Rick Knoble
'85 300 CD
'87 190 DT