> Send him to trade school.  By all means, especially if
> it's something he likes doing.  That was the thing for
> me - I loved doing what I did, and sitting in a
> classroom for four years was not going to put me in
> something I liked.

If the career path started by going to trade school
(or whatever) leads to where you can live and die,
and you love it, go for it!  Enjoying what you do
is the key to success.  (Sufficient income and
earned respect are also keys.)

The only trouble is that to many high-school kids,
a regular paycheck even at minimum wage might look
too good.  They don't have a realistic grasp on the
expenses of life.  That's where you, dear parents,
come in!

-- Jim