It seems than at Thu, 13 Dec 2007 11:09:39 -0600, Luther wrote:

> I do disconnect the relay.  I guess I should salvage a male connector pin
> from my parts car and make the gp tester more efficient.
>
> Luther

On cars that came equipped with the parallel plugs I do the
testing at the relay. I unplug the glowplug connector, attach
one lead of the meter to the big fuse, and then I connect the
other lead to the load side of the relay plug one contact at a
time. I can then use 6 inch wire leads, I'm testing the load
wiring, and I don't have to reach down behind the filter
housing, etc.

Oh, and I use a 60A meter.

For cars like Wonko's, it's not so simple. I don't know how he
has the plug wires connected. Is it a late-model retrofit? Or all the leads
under onto one terminal? Some other sort of relay? ????

This is the situation that requires the person to be smart
enough to actually test only one at a time.

--             Philip