I am hoping it is the glow plug. If not, then it is definitely a gasser in
the garage. If that is the case, I will keep the Benz but will put it into
winter storage.

On Dec 12, 2007 10:15 PM, OK Don <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> If one plug is bad, it will start and run rough until that one hole
> warms up. It's not likely that all of them went out at once.
> To quote another one - "you can't manage what you can't measure" -----
> hence all the cool measuring toys - ah, tools -
>
> On Dec 12, 2007 10:08 PM, Wonko the Sane <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Gotta be a plug, Don. Same "gel" symptoms whether outside at 10+F or in
> > 40+F garage. Valve adjustment isn't too far in the distant past. ...
> There
> > was a gradual increase in cranking time during the fall, which to me
> points
> > to a failing (now failed) plug. .... And, if the plugs don't fix it,
> then I
> > am screwed and I drive the VW Quantum until it warms up in the spring.
> >

> --
> OK Don, KD5NRO
> Norman, OK
> "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics."
> -Benjamin Disraeli and/or Mark Twain
> '90 300D, '87 300SDL, '81 240D, '78 450SLC, '97 Ply Grand Voyager

LT Don
http://don.homelinux.net/~don/
Proudly marching to the beat of a different kettle of fish.

Make a small loan, Make a big difference - Kiva.org