Don't you have a 30-0-30 ammeter?  Put some 10ga wire on both ends of it, clip
one end to the + terminal of the battery, touch the other end to the exposed
tip of your installed gp's.  Each one should peg out, then over 3-5 seconds
drop in current to about 10-15A and settle in there.  If it stays pegged out,
the plug is shorted, if you get no current, it's open.  Very simple and quick
test.

Luther

--
Luther   KB5QHU    Alma, Ark