Hendrik & Fay wrote:

> You'd be amazed at how many parts are simple drag and drop.
> I can only talk about the 123's but so far I have figured out...

Craig has a Frankenbenz of sorts. It's a 240d manny with a 300d engine.
What I don't recall is whether the 240d was automatic or manual before
the conversion. I once met a guy who built a 300SD (W116) manny with
a tranny from a 220d. He couldn't remember many details, except what
tranny he used and the fact that it was dog slow off the line until
the turbo spooled up, so once the novelty wore off he sold it. I
think he may have said he used the clutch pedal from the 220d too.