Not so much lazy yanks (well you are) but more the type that buys a MB
new. Doctors and lawyers and crime bosses.
Don't think they are interested in shifting gears. Also the MB autos are
as good as a manual just about, look at the figures.
These are not your slush boxes of yesteryear, where you put your foot
down, watch the revs rise and then slowly the car proceeds forward.
Japan, HK, Oz mostly got autos, South Africa and a lot of Asian
countries got a lot of manuals.

Hendrik
manual 190E
soon to be manual 230E