There was never any question that there were at least two shooters in
the JFK assassination, and that Oswald was probably not one of them,
at lest not one who actually hit him.

Johnson pretty much ordered the Warren Commission to find that Oswald
was the only shooter and that there was no Mob or foreign
(specifically Russian) involvement in spite of the fact that all
evidence pointed to at least three shooters, one in front who
actually killed JFK.  We were in the middle of one of the hotter
parts of the Cold War and he was greatly concerned about a nuclear
war with the USSR, and while I can understand his position, I cannot
and will never condone telling bald-faced lies to the public no
matter what the circumstances.

The investigation was so badly handled (and Hoover very likely
involved in any conspiracy to assassinate the president anyway, so
there's that to taint it as well) that we will never know.
Certainly, no properly handled trial could ever convict Oswald, even
if he did do it, as all the evidence was snatched up by the FBI
without proper documentation.  Not admissible.  On top of the fact
that there is a fairly good photograph on him watching the motorcade
going past...

As far as 9/11 goes, the ineptitude of the Bush administration is
only second to the corruption of that crew, and I suspect they mostly
have no morals at all.  Wouldn't surprise me at all that they
purposely overlooked information available in order to take advantage
of it.  Might not be ol' Shrub himself, but certainly I can see Rove
or Cheny doing it.

Peter